(Occupational English Test)
International Nursing Career
Being a Nurse you have studied and worked hard for the most demanding and challenging career. Some of you are already working outside India and have knowledge and skills in international language, culture and work environment to become an international nurse. We welcome you to connect with us to make your career in countries like Australia, USA, NZ, Canada UK, and Ireland. This is an opportunity for you to acknowledge and enhance your abilities to deal in the international healthcare sector with different situations and work culture.
Foreign Language Guru is one of the pioneers in providing OET preparation for Health professionals. The Occupational English Test (OET) is an English language proficiency test for the healthcare professionals. It evaluates the English communication skills of healthcare professionals who wish to practice in an English-speaking nation. OET opened the door for Nurses for job visa & PR and recognized by various healthcare bodies in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, UK, and Ireland. Those who passed their OET examination will be able to get the PR within 6 months after the certification. The intakes for OET are in every 3 months.
OET Exam Pattern
• Reading (60 minutes)
• Listening (approximately 50 minutes)
• Writing (45 minutes)
• Speaking (approximately 20 minutes)
Listening and Reading
• Reading Part A- Checked by Certified examination evaluator
• Reading Part B is computer scanned and automatically scored.
• Listening – A detailed marking guide for answers, the evaluator use this guide for checking. He will monitor the language accuracy and consistency
Writing and Speaking
• Writing- The examiner scores your performance on the basis of five criteria – Overall Task Fulfillment, Accuracy of language, Comprehension of incentive, Linguistic capacities – Grammar and consistency) and Spelling, Punctuation, and drafting of content.
• Speaking – Evaluate by two different certified examiners at OET center. Audio files allocate to an examiner to assess accuracy and consistency in your language test. The examiner scores your performance on the basis of five criteria – Overall effective communication, Intelligence, Fluency, Accuracy, Grammar, and expressions. All five criteria equally evaluate and Grade B for Speaking requires the high level of performance on all five criteria.
Each section has separate scoring between A to E as follows:-
OET grade Description of ability
Description of ability
Very high level of performance
High level of performance, i.e. able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for professional needs
Good level of performance; however, not acceptable to a range of health and medical councils
Moderate level of performance; requires improvement
Low level of performance; requires considerable improvement