(Occupational English Test)
International Nursing Career
Being a Nurse you have studied and worked hard for the most demanding and challenging career. Some of you are already working outside India and have knowledge and skills in international language, culture and work environment to become an international nurse. We welcome you to connect with us to make your career in countries like Australia, USA, NZ, Canada UK and Ireland. This is an opportunity for you to acknowledge and enhance your abilities to deal in international healthcare sector with different situations and work culture.
Foreign Language Guru is one of the pioneers in providing OET preparation for Health professionals. The Occupational English Test (OET) is English language proficiency test for the healthcare professionals. It evaluates English communication skills of healthcare professionals who wish to practice in an English-speaking nation. OET opened the door for Nurses for job visa & PR and recognized by various healthcare bodies in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, UK and Ireland. Those who passed their OET examination will be able to get the PR within 6 months after the certification. The intakes for OET are in every 3 months.
OET Exam Pattern
OET assess four language skills- Reading, Listening, Writing and speaking with an importance of communication in medical and health profession
• Reading (60 minutes)
• Listening (approximately 50 minutes)
• Writing (45 minutes)
• Speaking (approximately 20 minutes)
Listening and Reading
• Reading Part A- Checked by Certified examination evaluator
• Reading Part B is computer scanned and automatically scored.
• Listening – A detailed marking guide for answers, the evaluator use this guide for checking. He will monitor the language accuracy and consistency
Writing and Speaking
• Writing- The examiner scores your performance on the basis of five criteria – Overall Task Fulfillment, Accuracy of language, Comprehension of incentive, Linguistic capacities – Grammar and consistency) and Spelling, Punctuation and drafting of content.
• Speaking – Evaluate by two different certified examiner at OET center. Audio files allocate to examiner to assess accuracy and consistency in your language test. The examiner scores your performance on the basis of five criteria – Overall effective communication, Intelligence, Fluency, Accuracy, Grammar and expressions. All five criteria equally evaluate and Grade B for Speaking requires high level of performance on all five criteria.
Each section has separate scoring between A to E as follows:-
OET grade Description of ability
|OET grade||Description of ability|
|A||Very high level of performance|
|B||High level of performance, i.e. able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for professional needs|
|C||Good level of performance; however, not acceptable to a range of health and medical councils|
|D||Moderate level of performance; requires improvement|
|E||Low level of performance; requires considerable improvement|
Work in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, UK and Ireland.
We welcome you to work in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, UK and Ireland. Our specialized training in OET will develop you to secure a healthcare job in above-mentioned countries. Come for free counseling and we will provide you OET coaching professionally with experienced trainers. All our former OET students are well settled and earning a decent amount of salary. They have not only secured their future, but they have also secured the future of their family.
1. If you are planning to work in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, UK and Ireland, you need to provide the certificate of English language proficiency. That is mandatory. OET for Nurses and all health professionals with “B” or above in all four modules – Reading, writing, listening and speaking is required. For IRELAND, they can take C+ in certain modules of OET.
2. Get enrolled with Foreign Language Guru for OET coaching to pass the OET exam
3. Qualify the OET exam and then Apply for visa
4. Deport for your desired country to work and register as a nurse over there. The next step is to get a recommendation from relevant Nursing Board for a Supervisory Practice
5. Later you can apply for a Permanent Residency (PR)
OET is for 12 healthcare professions – Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Pharmacy, Podiatry, Optometry, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology, Veterinary Science and Speech Pathology
The English language test for nursing
OET is an English language proficiency test that is based on real-life experiences in nursing careers such as patient management and patient communication etc. The purpose of OET test is to verify the correct level of English for nursing profession to work internationally and communicate with the patients & staff for daily routine work
And, that’s not all – healthcare professionals choose OET because:
• OET test is based on actual healthcare daily work routine and schedule
• OET support you to develop your English language skills for a successful career internationally.
• OET is accepted by healthcare sector in various countries as a certificate of English Proficiency to work as a nurse internationally – for registration, visa and to study.
Benefits of OET Preparation:-
• The OET training will help you to acquire the skills and knowledge required to get a job in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, UK and Singapore as a healthcare professional.
• Our OET Training is based on high standard preparation material, sample tests and conduct by certified trainer
• Our OET training consists of quality assurance checks for students.
Benefits to Healthcare Professional
Patient safety and quality care
• Lack of language proficiency is a barrier to effective communication that affects the quality of patient care and related activities. The OET curriculum is develop to replicate the daily tasks of healthcare sector and it determine the abilities of the healthcare professional in terms of listening, reading, writing and speaking skills.
Who accept OET
• Australia Government
• Immigration Department of Australia accepts OET for skilled migration and student visa.
• Australian Healthcare Boards & Councils
• Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). The agency is responsible for registration and accreditation of all 14 health professions in Australia.
• Australian universities, Education and Recruitment agencies
• Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA)
• Dubai Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
• Ireland Medical Council
• Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland
• Health Professions Council of Namibia
• New Zealand Government
• Immigration New Zealand accepts OET for most visa categories
• New Zealand universities, Education and Recruitment agencies
• Healthcare Boards & Councils of New Zealand
• Allied Health Professions Council (AHPC) in Singapore. It is a professional board that governs and regulates registered allied health professional in Singapore.
• General Medical Council in UK
• Nursing and Midwifery Council in UK
• Royal College of Emergency Medicine in UK
• Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh in UK
• Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in UK
• Ukraine Medical Council