(Pearson Test of English)
PTE test is one of the world’s leading computer-based tests for English language to study abroad. It offers fast and flexible English testing result. This makes it suitable for those students who are in a bit of a rush. Candidates can schedule their test as little as twenty-four hours in advance. This computer-based test focuses on day to day English rather than high-level English and evaluates a person’s ability to understand the language as spoken language. The multi-level score system ensure a student’s proficiency in the English language. Beside UK, other countries including SPAIN, FRANCE, and CHINA are also accepting PTE academic
PTE Exam Pattern
PTE includes three sections – Speaking & Writing, Reading, and Listening. Candidate get score on these three sections as total score.
|Section||Duration||PTE Academic||PTE Score|
|Speaking & Writing||77 – 93 minutes||10 – 90 with increments of 1 point|
|Reading||32 – 41 minutes||10 – 90 with increments of 1 point|
|Listening||45 – 57 minutes||10 – 90 with increments of 1 point|
The exam is conducted throughout the year at the designated Test Centers across the country.
Tips for PTE
- Read Aloud and Repeat Sentences
- Do Practice of Writing an Essay between 200–300 words.
- Do Practice of Multiple-choice questions
- Do Practice on Describing an Image in words
- Do Practice of Summarizing Written Text
- Do Practice of summarizing spoken text
- Highlight correct summary; understand the theme and the message conveyed by the speaker.
- Find out missing word in a sentence
- Highlight incorrect words out of a series of words
- Practice dictation – Check the spellings, singular and plural forms, punctuation etc.
- Practice of Re-order paragraphs
- Practice of Fill in the blanks
- Listen to English songs differently. Focus on the lyrics which require more attention.
- Watch movies and TVshows first with subtitles and then without subtitles. It enhances your vocabulary which will improve your understanding of spoken English while listening.